Pin Trading on Instagram
If you are a Disney pin addict like me, you probably want to pin trade all of the time. But, when we aren’t at the parks or at a pin event, it’s difficult to find places to trade pins. Especially if you live far from Disneyland and Walt Disney World!
But wait… What about Disney pin forum’s or social media? YES! One of my favorite places to pin trade is Instagram.
If you are unaware of what Instagram is, it’s basically a quick and easy way to share photos and videos with people who follow you.
The pin trading community is actually quite large on Instagram. You can find people anywhere from Disneyland to Walt Disney World, and everywhere in between! You can also find anything from Hidden Mickey pins to rare limited edition pins.
Here are a few tips to get you started pin trading on Instagram:
- First, create an account if you don’t already have one. If you do have a personal account already, it might be a good idea to create an account strictly for Disney photos and pin trading.
- Second, start following anyone who also pin trades. Most people will follow you back.
- Post a picture of your traders and be sure to use hashtags so others can find it!
- Search for other traders by using popular hashtags like #disneypins and #pintrading.
- When you find something you like, either comment or leave a DM (Direct Message) for that user saying you are interested.
- If the other user likes one of your pins, then make the trade! Provide your shipping address and let them know when you are shipping the pin. Also provide a tracking number.
- You can save on shipping costs by using the “PayPal Ship Now” method. It usually costs $1.93 to ship in the USA if you are shipping 4 or less pins.
Be sure to visit Disney Pin Trading Lingo if you are unaware of an abbreviation. Also, follow us @DisneyPinsBlog on Instagram!
Above all, be nice to everyone and have fun pin trading! If you have any other tips or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.