Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse
The Disney D23 Destination D event returns to Walt Disney World® Resort in 2018! It is called Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse and takes place November 16-18, 2018. Tickets are $215 per person. Click here for additional details and to purchase your ticket.
This event honors 90 years of the mouse that started it all! During this two-day event at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Convention Center, Disney fans will discover fascinating details about Mickey’s imaginative past, adventurous present, and boundless future. Disney historians, cast members, and artists will host exciting panels, presentations, and other fun-filled entertainment. From Mickey’s historic roles in animated films and television shows to merchandise, magic kingdoms, and beyond. Get ready to explore the many wonderful worlds of Walt Disney’s most famous creation!
Available to Gold and Gold Family Members.
You will be required to show a photo ID. Members will be required to show their D23 Membership Card.
Guests will have the opportunity to kick things off on Friday, November 16 with optional early check-in. Once checked in, Destination D guests can enjoy the following:
- Mickey’s of Glendale—The famed Walt Disney Imagineering store returns with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise as well as limited-edition pins, apparel, and collectibles themed to the event.
- Mickey Marketplace—For the first time ever, D23 is thrilled to debut a Mickey Marketplace inside Disney’s Contemporary Convention Center—exclusively available to Destination D attendees, a handful of retailers will offer limited Mickey-branded products.
- Walt Disney Archives—Access to an exclusive exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives celebrating Mickey Mouse.
Highlights of the weekend will include*:
- Presenters and panelists, including Legendary Disney Animator Mark Henn, Voice Actor Bret Iwan, Disney Legend Bill Farmer, Imagineers Jason Grandt, Wyatt Winter, and Alex Wright, Animator John Pomeroy, and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline—plus more to be announced.*
- A Mouse in Shorts: Animating Mickey Through the Years—From Steamboat Willie to Get a Horse!, Mickey’s epic film career has taken him on a journey that has endeared him to fans around the world. Join Disney animators and historians as they look back at the films that defined Mickey’s career, and peek behind-the-scenes of some of his most famous roles.
- Catching Up with Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway— Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019, the first ride-through Mickey Mouse attraction, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, will push the limits of immersion for the Disney experience. Join members of the Walt Disney Imagineering creative team for a sneak peek of the zany twists and turns of this upcoming groundbreaking attraction!
- Collecting Mickey, the True Original—From the first Mickey Mouse wristwatch to the collaborations of today, Mickey has always been in style. We wind the (Mickey Mouse) clock back to take a look at the toys, collectibles, and products that defined the mouse—and what his future has in store!
- Hidden Mickeys: Uncovering the Magic of Disney Storytelling—Chronicling some of the lesser known and “lost” adventures of everyone’s favorite mouse, Disney historians will guide guests through an exploration of rarely seen and unusual Mickey projects—including a few that never jumped off the page!
- Weird Disney: The Early Mickey Years—Fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns with an all-new show, as the Walt Disney Archives reveals some of the wildest and wackiest Mickey moments, merchandise, and more! Included is a deep dive into Mickey’s past, featuring some of the most unique appearances, depictions, and pop-culture influences of our favorite mouse during Mickey’s runaway success in the 1930’s.
- Additionally, the weekend will feature exciting events, such as Mickey’s Animation Academy, where guests will learn to draw from master Disney animator Mark Henn, and 4 Artists Paint 1 Mouse, where four Disney artists embark upon an “Adventure in Art,” each interpreting Mickey in their individual style—live on stage!
- Mickey’s Movie Night—To wrap up a great weekend and celebrate Mickey’s birthday on the evening of Sunday, November 18, we’re throwing the ultimate Mickey movie pajama party— including a visit by Mickey himself! Guests are encouraged to wear their favorite Mickey Mouse pajamas, grab a treat, sit back, and watch some of Mickey’s most iconic and rarest footage from the past 90 years!
-Disney Pins Blog