Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    pmpknmkypmpknmky
    Participant

Wave A for 2019 has dropped

Participant

Which coast? WDW or DLR? Have they shown/announced which pins/sets are coming??

Participant

Awesome. I’m going to come back and post pictures of our finds when we go for spring break. So excited!! Awesome news!!

Dana

Participant

WDW is out now.
    DLR is finally out (as of last week!)

Hooray!!!

Participant

Hey Ya’ll, Have you guys seen the Muai Hidden Mickey collection? I was recently at Disney Springs in WDW with my boyfriend and he saw the collection while talking to a cast member. You can find the whole collection at the Pin trading store at Disney springs. Of course cast members are the only ones you can find them on and be able to trade but the pins are so cool. Each pin is a scene from Maui’s tattoos with a hidden mickey somewhere. Super awesome and now on the hunt for those pins.

Participant

Any info on Wave B?

Participant

I have a question concerning Hidden Mickey pins at WDW. I’ve always been a collector, but I’m just starting to look into trading. It looks like originally, the hidden mickey pins could only be obtained by trading with cast members. Somewhere along the way, they started selling mystery blind bags with 2 hidden mickey pins each, however most publications that talk about hidden mickey pins fail to mention this.

Can somebody tell me how the blind bags work? Do they typically contain the hidden mickey pins from the most recent wave? or could they be any hidden mickey pins throughout the years?

Participant

@DisneyOutsider

You can get mystery blind bags that go back to a while the last time I checked. They are differentiated by color. If you ask a cast member at the pin store you’re at they usually have a notebook behind the counter and can show you which set corresponds to which color bag. These bags are also the only way to get “completer pins” which are an extra pin from each set that can only be purchased.

Participant

When are we going to find out about Wave B!? If they are quarterly releases, aren’t we like halfway through the second quarter?? I feel like that’s about when they announced Wave A…

Participant

Thanks for the info. I’m really hoping to find some of the stylized attractions set from Wave A. Are these difficult to find on CMs?

pmpknmkypmpknmky
    Participant

Wave B has arrived at WDw

pmpknmkypmpknmky
    Participant

Wave B has arrived at WDw

Participant

So, years ago, you could buy the Hidden Mickey pins in the year AFTER the release. Then when Disney messed up (or forgot or whatever you want to call it) the Hidden Mickey pins one year..I want to say it was 2017 when no HMs were released….Disney decided to sell them in blind bags and then, about a month later, release them on cast lanyards.

The completer pins were sold as purchase with purchase pins, the year AFTER the release, as single pins, originally for $1 or $2 with a minimum purchase.

Years ago, when you bought the blind bag, you would get two hidden mickey pins from the same series. Now, it’s two hidden mickey pins from the same wave with a possibility of getting a completer pin.

Of course, years ago, they would stagger releases as one HM release per month so in February, January’s HM pins would be a bit easier to find because people would be looking for February’s releases more than January’s…..those were fun times!

Participant

Oh and Wave C has arrived at DLR and WDW!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.